Tuesday 28 December 2010

Bit of an intro.......

Well, to whomever may be unfortunate enough to be reading this.......

Basically recently a friend of mine started blogging recently so I wanted to see what it felt like to be publicising me and my life on the internet so here I am. I've named it "The One in the Background"....I guess that's pretty resonant because sometimes it just feels like I'm the one in the background. I don't mean this in a negative self pitying way/emo way as in "I'm so unnoticed.....I'm so sad.....I'll do stuff so people will notice me cos I'm an attention whore etc...."...I basically mean that I feel I'm the one who sits and isn't necessarily the centre of attention but who takes it all in and can see things that perhaps the more extroverted than me miss. I'm also in the situation where, even though I'm not maybe the first in line for people to talk to about mundane things, people always come to me with their problems....so I'm essentially the one in the background till they need me. I'm sure there's other people like this......hopefully I'm not going crazy haha.

Well a bit about me. I'm a med student from the UK. The course is pretty good, and I'm enjoying it but you get to see/hear some funny things round and about the wards.....and also the nights out! I also sing, play the guitar, bass, bit of piano, bit of drums, harmonica, violin, recorder so I enjoy a bit of music aswell.....I also read a lot, write music and some poetry.....and I enjoy the odd drink Yeo! If you ever meet me in person I'll have a JD on the rocks....actually make it a double.

Currently I'm living in a uni house with 5 of my mates....some of the blogging might include them so I'll give them names.....fake names by their courses.....There's "Architect"; a workaholic who has a bit of a narcissistic streak but is overall a pretty nice guy and also a bit of a ladies man...the only one of the house lol, "Teacher"; A grumpy sarcastic guy who's normally pretty quiet but has some scorching one-liners when he does speak, "Mechengineer"; A socially awkward (except when drunk when he makes business deals in the toilet lol) sort-of nerd who may/may not be asexual and is a pretty funny guy in terms of our house's warped sense of humour, "Civengineer"; A genuinely nice guy who unfortunately ends up bein a lot of the jokes of the house and the verbal abuse....also not very lucky with the ladies lol.

Then there's "Business"......who shall henceforth be known as "Princess". This is the guy in the house who's a spoilt little shit from who's mouth we had to forcibly remove the silver spoon when he moved in. He gets a torrent of deservéd abuse due to being a lay about who never goes to class. You may think I'm being harsh...but believe me if you met him you'd hate him too.

I have some other close friends and medics aswell who I'll introduce as I go along.....

So I didn't want this first entry to be completely about me and my life. I also wanted it to have a bit of a purpose to share my thoughts on something. So I guess I forgot to mention up there that I'm an atheist. This is a much blogged about topic so I'm not taking the traditional atheist viewpoint of "FUCK all you STUPID theist idiots....you're wrong and I know this as fact.  You MUST believe what I do.". These people piss me off and give atheism an absolutely awful reputation, and are as bad as the evangelicals who I also detest.

To me religion is like this. A certain amount of evidence is presented in support of the claims made by religions. We are the jury. Some of us view the evidence to be enough to support our faith, and some of us don't. The point is that no-one knows for sure, therefore people trying to preach and convert other people is just ridiculous. If everyone believed the same thing the world would be a very very dull place. Embrace the fact that other people believe other things. Explore and challenge their beliefs in a respectful way, and let them explore and challenge your non-beliefs. No bad can come from this as it is a very good way of exploring your own reasons for/against faith.

In summary....Atheism is a small part of who I am, so I don't use it to be an arsehole to people....and neither should anyone.

So I think it's probably time for me to climb off soapbox I just needed something to rant about as part of my first post. This is the first time I've ever tried anything like this so if you took the time to read it don't judge me too harshly, and I hope the voyeuristic part of you at least got something out of it!


P.s GCVA89GDRDV6 <-- ignore this lol


ping site  <-- this too lol

No comments:

Post a Comment